There are typically a number of possibilities for outdoor doubles play, plus a 4 on 4 outdoor league through Lacey Parks and Recreation. Doubles play is a great way to improve your court awareness and all around skill level. The most prominent of the local tournaments is during Lakefair.
Tumwater High School Outdoor Doubles Volleyball Tournament
Saturday, June 13
Lakefair Volleyball Tournament
July 18 and 19 (Juniors under 17 is on Saturday, July 18)
Puget Sound Junior Beach Series
Our Summer Session of strength training and conditioning will be introduced on June 22, 2015 at 8:30am in the Auxiliary gym. We will meet Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30am – 10:00am throughout the summer. Strength training and conditioning is an integral part of preparation for all players, especially for returning varsity players and those with aspirations of playing at the varsity level. Our weight room is one of the best high school facilities in the state. Consistent attendance AND hard work brings improved strength, quickness and jumping ability, plus injury prevention, increased confidence, and ultimately…team bonding.
IMPORTANT NOTE: ALL athletes must be CLEARED for ALL summer participation (workouts and open gyms). Please contact the OHS Athletic Director’s office to complete the process. You must have an updated physical on file with the OHS AD’s office.
We will have open gym at OHS on June 2nd & 4th from 2:35pm – 4:00pm for current 9th – 11th graders. Instruction/feedback and scrimmage time available.
In addition, open gym will be offered a few times following summer weight room workouts (typically on Fridays) and will be open to all incoming freshmen through seniors.
OPEN GYMS AROUND TOWN:
- South Sound Sports Center (SSSC) – Wednesdays and Sundays from 6pm to 9pm ($3 per person)
- The Valley Athletic Club – Sundays 6pm to 8pm in Gym 1 – free for members (need at least 2), $5 visitor fee for non-members under 18). Call 15 minutes ahead of time to have net set up. NOTE: We can also choose Monday-Friday at 7:30pm if we have at least 6 people. If you are interested in setting up another volleyball open gym option at the Valley, email Kenna Canaan to coordinate a new time option.
- Olympia Parks & Rec – call 753-8390 – days/times subject to change
OHS has summer volleyball camp for all ages of players this coming June. The coaching staff places a strong emphasis on fundamentals and building individual skills to the next level.
- Olympia Bear Camp – High school (entering grades 9th – 12th): 8:30am -1:00pm, Monday, June 15 – Wednesday, June 17. Click here for more details and registration information.
- Olympia Bear Camp – Middle school (entering grades 6th – 8th): 1:30pm – 5:30pm, Monday, June 15 – Wednesday, June 17. Click here for more details and registration information.
- Volleykidz Clinic – Elementary school (entering grades 2nd – 5th): 9:00am – Noon, Thursday, June 18 – Friday, June 19. Click here for more details and registration information.
If you have any questions contact OHS Head Coach Laurie Creighton.